There is no doubt that the Digital Place-based Media industry is hot. Advertising revenues for this sector increase year over year and is in excess of $1 billion. This momentum will continue given the plethora of research that has been completed since the DPAA published its Audience Metrics Guidelines document just over two years ago. This research confirms the audiences and the engagement of consumers with Digital Place-based Media helping marketers to understand its impact and justify increasingly greater investments.
All of the major research companies are currently including Digital Place-based Media in their surveys or they will be shortly.
- The Nielsen Company currently publishes The Fourth Screen Audience Report quarterly, giving ad agencies a single report that covers multiple Digital Place-based networks. As an agency you can access this data through DPAA's online planning tool InfoCenter.
- Arbitron conducts proprietary audience measurement, advertising effectiveness, and general industry studies for the digital place-based sector. Arbitron produces a free Points of View study annually, which sets universe estimates for digital place-based video. The Arbitron Personal People Meter™ (PPM®) technology has measured on-the-go audiences’ radio and television commercial exposure outside of the home for years.
- The Spring, 2010 MRI National Study of the American Consumer, the most widely used multi-media resource among strategic media planners; included Digital Place- based media in their survey, and confirmed that this medium delivers the extremely important light TV viewers. You can access this data through DPAA's online planning tool InfoCenter under the Venues and Insights Tab.
- The Ipsos Mendelsohn Affluent Survey now publishes information on the sector, pointing out that 69% of Affluents HH income $100,000+ reported “considerable or some” interest in Digital Place –based advertising they saw during time spent at a venue. You can access this data through DPAA's online planning tool InfoCenter under the Venues and Insights Tab.
- The Experian Simmons National Syndicated Study of US Consumers covers advertising exposure to Digital Place-based Media
- Scarborough trends all major media consumption on a local, regional, and national basis, including digital place-based media across 10 venue types such as airports, doctor’s offices, restaurants, malls, and more. Additional venues are available per market and new venues are added on an ongoing basis.
Take a look at these other pages:
- Audience Guidelines
- Audience Research
- Advertiser Insights
- Ad Spending Forecasts
- Consumer Insights
- About Channel Planning (members only)
- About Marketing Mix Modeling (members only)
- Nielsen IMS: Digital Placed-based R & F’s (members only)